Home AOMEI Products Support

Can i extract (copy/paste) files/folders from a back up image using the boot CD of aomei backupper

In the event of a total irrecoverable laptop crash can i extract specific files and folders to my new laptop using the win PE boot CD of AOMEI Backupper?
Tagged:

Comments

• If you can boot into the new laptop, you can install AOMEI Backupper on the new laptop, and then explore the backup image, then copy files/folders you needed. As for exploring image, please refer to here: https://www.ubackup.com/help/explore-image.html
  • Thanks Admin - what I gather is you can only explore the image when using the Backupper boot CD but cannot copy out files but can explore and copy out files when mounting the image with the installed version of AOMEI Backupper
  • Thanks Admin - what I gather is you can only explore the image when using the Backupper boot CD but cannot copy out files but can explore and copy out files when mounting the image with the installed version of AOMEI Backupper
  • Perfection, when you boot up on the Backupper boot CD it appears like you can explore the backed up files from the Backupper image.  The boot CD steps you through assigning a drive letter to the backed up image, but there is no way to use windows explorer in that environment to actually browse the files.  If there is a way to browse the files I have not found it.  Now in the Windows environment you can actually browse the files and extract them if you need them.
  • @Perfection @Vbbritt, Yes, it is not convenient to browse and copy the files for the mounted partitions under the WinPE environment. Because you can't directly access to windows explorer under WinPE. 
    If you want to access the mounted partitions, you can try to create WinPE bootable media via AOMEI PE Builder (http://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/pe/2.0/full/PEBuilder.exe), and then boot from the winpe to run AOMEI Backupper to explore backup image, then click a folder into explore to access explored partitions.