Home AOMEI Products Support

Restoring my system partition using Backupper Pro 5.9.0 stopped my PC from booting

Been using 4.0.6 for a long time since that seems to be one of the most reliable and stable versions as of yet. At least for me. Have been having numerous issues whenever I've tried a later version out.

Same thing this time using 5.9.0. After performing a full system backup which I've then restored using a bootable USB key, my PC failed to boot. Even when both the backup as well as restore was said to have finish successfully.

Was presented with a blue Recovery screen telling me my computer needed to be repaired and I was offered a number of options such as pressing Enter to try again, F1 to enter Recovery Environment, F8 for Startup Settings etc. Neither on them worked. It also gave me the error code 0xc0000225.

After some Google searching, I was eventually able to find a way to get my PC to boot again. The solution was to boot from the bootable media followed by starting the Windows Shell and issuing the below command:

BCDBoot C:\Windows

Too bad I always face issues whenever I try a version later than 4.0.6. I don't think I'm alone thinking, backup software of any kind is the kind of software you really want to be able to trust. It's the whole idea with this kind of software, to keep you clear of issues or disasters related to data.

Right?

Comments

• Hi WebMaximus,
    Sorry for the inconvenience. We have submitted the problem to our dev team to optimize further.