Home AOMEI Products Support

Create Rescue Media fails

I am using Backupper Professional version 5.9 and I am unable to get the bootable media function to work correctly.  I selected the option to create a Linux  bootable disc (see the attached Linux Selection file).  However, when I attempt to execute the task an error message pops up saying that the disc is not writable (See attached error.jpg file).  As you can see from the attached file, disk status, the CD that is in the DVD drive is empty.  I also get the same behavior when I attempt to create a WinPE version of the rescue media if I attempt to burn it to disc.  I have two different DVD drives and I experience the same behavior with both drives.

Now if I select the option to create an ISO file the task is successful and then when I use a 3rd party program (Nero) I am able to write the file to the CD that Backupper is complaining about.  I checked the user's manual just on the off chance that I was doing something wrong and that does not appear to be the case.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior and if so what is the solution?

Comments

• Hi Vbbritt,
    This is a bug. Our technicians will fix it asap. 
    In addition, you can try to create WinPE bootable CD via AOMEI PE Builder. It will integrate AOMEI Backupper you installed.
    http://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/pe/2.0/full/PEBuilder.exe
  • I get the same result using PEBuilder that I get with Aomei Backupper.  Please see the attached image.
  • Could you offer us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper and AOMEI PE Builder so that we analyze the problem further? 
    And, you can try to use the third option to create WinPE iso, and then burn it to your CD via third-party burning software.
  • Attached is the log folder from Aomei Backupper and also Aomei PE Builder.  This particular machine has a Gigabyte X570 Gaming X motherboard in it and a AMD Ryzen9-3900X processor.  The SATA mode configured in the system bios is AHCI.  In addition to the log folders I have included snapshots of the Disk Management tool and the Device Manager contents for your information.
  • Hi Vbbritt,
    Thanks for your information. It might that there are some issues with the Burning library of our program. It might be unable to recognize your CD completely. We will update and optimize the problem asap. Thanks for your feedback.
  • I don't know if it matters or not, but I did want to mention that this motherboard supports the new PCI-E 4.0 specification.  I wouldn't think that it should matter with regards to the SATA controller, but just in case.

I also plugged in an external DVD drive into a USB port and Aomei Backupper was able to detect that drive and create the rescue disc. 
  • Thanks for your feedback. The CD/DVD burning method is different with the USB burning. When you connect the DVD via usb port, it will use USB burning process.
    There are some issues when burning to CD/DVD. We will fix it asap.