Backupper can't backup to a network drive without splitting file into 4 GB increments

Comments

• From the Admin of this forum:

"The problem will be fixed. AOMEI Backupper 2.0 will support to backup to a network drive without splitting file into 4 GB increments."

I'm running version 2.0.1 and don't see this fix.  Am I just missing it, or is it coming out in a patch or later version?

• Hello jeffegil,

Yes, we did a fix, but if the file system of your NAS destination is exFat, the image will be split. Please check what the files system is of your destination.

Best Regards,

Kim

• Hi,

I just downloaded version 3.2 and the program is still splitting the backup to 4 GB increments on exFat drive. Even if explicitly configured to use bigger, custom size images. Is there any explanative reason, why? Is there any intention to make the program capable to create larger image files on this filesystem?

Regards

jmys

• If the systemfile is FAT32, it will be splitted automatically.

• But the drive is not FAT32. It is exFAT. The difference between FAT32 and exFAT is, that exFAT is able to cope with files bigger than 4GB. So the question is, why is the program splitting the image to 4GB pieces on a file system another, that FAT32? Is it a joke of the programmers? I mean the bug is known 2 years already?

• edited March 2016

Does Aomei not work due to this "bug"?

• NO, it will work all the time because the software will solve the problem by itself.

• That's what I meant. I rest my case.

• So the answer to my question, why is the program splitting the image to 4GB pieces on the ExFAT file system is, because there is no reason to fix it, if there is a workaround available. The user should sort his 60 pieces of fragmented backups and incremental backups files himself or just reformat the drive to a file system supported by the software.