Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper options when Win 7 system drive going bad

I'm needing to replace SATA Win7 system drive with new SSD drive because bad sector errors are starting on SATA drive.  I already have a fully up-to-date System Backup on an external drive through Backupper standard and have created Bootable CD using Backupper.

As I understand it, I should be able to swap out the SATA drive for the SSD drive, boot the PC with the Bootable CD, and then System Restore via Backupper.  However, I cannot verify whether or not Backupper is on the Bootable CD because Windows File Explorer won't let me look at the files on the CD (which was created via the ISO foption).  So do I need to place Backupper on my internal D: drive?  If so, is it safe to uninstall Backupper, and reinstall telling it to install on the D: drive?  (It won't let me install a second version on the D: drive.)

I've also been reading that maybe Disk Clone is an option.  What are the benefits of Disk Clone in this situation?  I don't have a clone image, and would need a new external drive to create that.  And I assume I'll have the same issues viz-a-viz the Bootable CD.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for any assisstance!

Comments