Home AOMEI Products Support

Total identified Windows installations: 0

please tell me you know how to fix this condition.

I had moved my Win 8.1 partition to the left to resize the drive with your free edition standard partition assistant.

After a restart, my pc apparently needs repairs. When trying to load windows the screen reads as follows:

RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired.

A required device isnt connected or cant be accessed.

Error code:0xc0000225

something about using the useless recovery tools of which none of them worked, to try using installation media which failed as well and finally suggesting if all else fails contact your admin.

Press enter to try again

Press F8 for startup settings

Press F9 to use a different OS

none of these options work out either.

My new PC had XP on a partition to the left of win8

I used windows disk manager and deleted formatted removed reallocated whatever in an attempt to extend win8 part to the left. All the while reading warning messages about the left partition being a boot part, active part or whatever.

Windows had been dual booting giving a choice of either XP or Win8, but that didnt bother me as I was committed to killing XP for the space.Then I found out about the left partition limitation windows disk manager has. Still didnt occur to me that windows would nott have re-written what ever file it needed to to operate correctly.

Then your software does the impossible and move C: part all the way across the drive. It asked if I was serious and willing to commit several times before restarting and bricking my new win8 pc.

The sequence of events goes as follows.

1. Deleted XP partition that was to the left of Windows 8.1 C: partition. The realized "extend partition" was still unavailable because it was on the right of ...

2. Found Aomeitech software and used it efectively or so I thought.

3. Aomei restarted my pc at which point Windows took on updates I was unaware of.

4. Lost Windows 8.1

Attempted command line repairs to what is now called BCD. I tried things like the following based on walk thoughs found online. In no special order.

bootrec /rebuildbcd

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

ect ect..

After all failed, I typed ren c:\boot\bcd.old bcd as I am now in a panic and dont know what I am doing anymmore.

I am now on my wife stupid little laptop and I hate it.

Please help me get back on my fullsized pc before I throw this one against a wall.

Comments