Home AOMEI Products Support

Problem spliting driver

Good Day !!

I split my C drive into a E drive and transfer my personal files in there. so i need more space on E drive and i was spliting again, but after evertying was done the windows said there was a error ans i sould start the windows again because couldt acess the E drive.

I only have the windows runing on C drive and all my files on the E drive. What should i do because now my wuindows doesnt start. I have a toshiba Laptop 1 Tb, 8 ram, windows 8,1. i7. 

Thank you 

JJ

Comments

• Can you give more about the error message?

• edited September 2014

the windows doesnt start anymore and just say error 0x0000225. 

im trying to install the windows again but it say it doesnt read the media .... so i dont know what to do.... i have 600 Gb of files on it... 

• Hi jjsilva13,

Sounds like your BCD is corrupt, this can happen sometimes when "splitting" drives causing the O/S to get confused. Have you created a recovery media with your Toshiba software, or Windows Recovery Disc?

Have you tried the "repair windows" option?

Sometimes you can access your pre O/S by pressing F12 during the boot up process. This should present you with the "Boot Menu Option" From here you should be able to restore your Windows to orginal state when you purchased the laptop.

Toshiba Restore, and Recover