Home AOMEI Products Support

Versioning of backupfiles

edited October 2013 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

If I use Databackupper to schedule systembackups (incremental) it apparently keeps ALL previous backups.
First (full) backup was about 20 GB. Subsequent 'incremental' backups (one daily) are each about 6 GB.
Some two weeks later the backups have consumed 20 GB (1st full) + 70 GB (12 consecutive incremental) = 90 GB AND counting... Soon my free space will be consumed. HOW can I make Databackupper understand it should use no more than e.g. 60 GB and then reuse space of oldest backups?? NO versioning at all here? In that case Databackupper would be quite useless to me!

thx

Tovada

Comments

• edited October 2013

Hello Tovada,

Welcome to AOMEI Technology forum. As for your queries, we feel sorry. Currently it is impossible to do what you mentioned, so you have to delete the old backups manually. However, we will improve this program and make it convenient to manage the old backups in the future. If you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• Tovada,

I run this batch file from the Windows Scheduler to limit the number of incremental backups. You'll have to change "f:\backup\server" to suit your particular needs. I also do a file cleanup and reboot the server once per night to increase reliability.

@echo off
    md f:\backup\server\old 2>nul
    if not exist f:\backup\server\old\nul goto :eof
    cd /d f:\backup\server
    for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /b ^|find /c ".adi"') do set #files=%%a
    :: ===SET MAX # OF BACKUPS HERE===
    if /i %#files% LSS 17 goto :_1
    del /f /q old\*.adi
    move /y *.adi old\
    :_1
    ::cleanmgr /dc /sageset:0
    cleanmgr /sagerun:0
    shutdown /r

• Tovada,

I run this batch file from the Windows Scheduler to limit the number of incremental backups. You'll have to change "f:\backup\server" to suit your particular needs. I also do a file cleanup and reboot the server once per night to increase reliability.

@echo off
    md f:\backup\server\old 2>nul
    if not exist f:\backup\server\old\nul goto :eof
    cd /d f:\backup\server
    for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /b ^|find /c ".adi"') do set #files=%%a
    :: ===SET MAX # OF BACKUPS HERE===
    if /i %#files% LSS 17 goto :_1
    del /f /q old\*.adi
    move /y *.adi old\
    :_1
    ::cleanmgr /dc /sageset:0
    cleanmgr /sagerun:0