Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned onto wrong destination HDD :(

edited September 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

As the title says, I accidently cloned a HDD onto the wrong destination drive, which obviously formatted my hdd and caused me to lose all data, is there anyway that I can undo this process? Or is my data gone for good and there's no coming back from this mistake.

Comments

• You could give Partition Assistant a try...there is a feature called "Partition Recovery Wizard"

Partition Recovery

• Do you mean that the wrong destination is also a hdd? In such case, sorry but I'm afraid that there's no help! May I ask have you ever made a backup of the destiantion HDD?

• I have tried Recuva aswell as EaseUS and it only recovers the data that i cloned to the drive not what i orginally had on there before the accidental cloning occured. I'm well aware that upon deleting something, it can be ONLY be recovered if nothing was overwritten on that sector. e.g if you formatted your 200gb hdd which was 100% full. Then you used it for a couple months and got it back to 100% full. It's impossible bringing back the data that you orginally had. As it's been overwritten. I hope this make sense.

The thing which confuses me is why can't i recover my data? I mean i didn't overwrite my entire drive. I was using 1.6tb of 2tb. The clone was only 0.3tb. Meaning I should be able to restore majority of my data correct? Please correct me if i'm wrong, and share light on this situation.

But as it stands, it apears 'admin' is correct and I can't get the data back. And unfortunately I've never made a back up of the destination HDD, simply because it only contained movies, tvshows and songs. (my media drive). Everything can be redownloaded but i'm just disappointed that over 1.5tb of data is gone for good :(

• If nothing was written to the drive, you may be able to send the drive to a data recovery company.  Nothing you can download (for sure no free program) will recover that data. 

• I've used R-Studio in the past with great results on formatted HDD's but overwritten data is usually gone at least in part

• Hi hbhorat,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't make a backup of the hdd. As for your confusion about all your data get lost instead of only part of them, it seems that no matter how large the destination drive is, Backupper will wipe all the data on it. Sorry for that!