Home AOMEI Products Support

Recovery Disc problems

I tried creating a DVD -RW Bootable Media recovery DVD and seem to have a problem with it. It will boot the computer but when it's loading AOMEI it hangs.I've let it hang for over 10 minutes then had to restart the computer.I've tried about 3 times so far with same results.

Can I create a bootable DVD with another program then simply install AOMEI as a stand alone on the DVD?

Comments

• I viewd the logs and each consecutive failure posted this:

diskinfo.h(451): Failed to init GPT style table.
    [2       ]dyndisk.cpp(213): Failed to RegQueryValueEx on GetSysDgGuid.
    [0       ]ldmio.cpp(89): No dynamic disks are found.

If it's important..I'm using a SSD and not a traditional HDD.

• BeerHunt125,

Try using the PE Builder to create a bootable disc.  http://www.aomeitech.com/pe-builder.html

Also, what version of Windows are you using?  Have you tried creating a bootable USB drive instead to test that option?

• First thanks for the quick reply.

I'm running Win 7 Pro SP1 but BIOS only allows A: , DVD/CD and HDD (older machine) no USB option. I recently imaged my HDD to the SSD succesfully and am looking at stripping the hardware drivers to install the SSD in a new computer , but wanted good backups before doing that. I have a complete backup of the SSD on a USB drive but how would I restore without access to this software in the event of a total melt down during the transfer phase?

• I tried PE Builder but received the same error. Creation failed.

• Hi BeerHunter125,

What AOMEI product do you want on your bootable media? If you want Partition Assistant, you should make a bootable media with the function "Make Bootable CD Wizard" in Partition Assistant. When it succeeds, Partition Assistant will be included in the bootable CD and it will automatically open Partition Assistant when you boot from the CD. Similarly, if you want Backupper, use "Create Bootable Media" utility in Backupper. What's more, if you use PE Builder, all AOMEI products will be included.

• I've been trying just about all day to get the "Create Bootable Material" utility to work. No success. Now it just hangs at 70% and I've ruined about 4 DVD's in the process. I give up and hope at least the backups are valid. I can create a bootable recovery DVD through other programs in case I need one.

• BeerHunter,

Sorry to bring you the sufferings! If it's really as you said that it hanged when loading the software instead of Windows files, it may be a bug. Also, if you are willing to, you may try to create a bootable USB flash drive.

• My system is old and I don't seem to have the option of a bootable USB (Drive A: would you beleive?). Also it seems to hang at 70% loading the Windows files. I'm trying to create from a SSD if that has any bearing on the problem.

• Have you tried a blank CD rather than a DVD?  If the system is that old, you could be running into a compatibility issue between the modern optical disc burning the software is trying and your older drive.  Using a CD may alleviate that problem.

• I tried again today and the program created the recovery DVD correctly but when I tried to boot from it , Windows loaded but Backupper just hung. Waited about 20 minutes but it never finished loading. I've never had any problems burning anything to the DVD drive. I had tried a CD (last one I had) earlier but it had exactly the same problem..Windows would boot but Backupper just hung.

Odd!!