Home AOMEI Products Support

Duplicate drive data in backup image

edited September 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Backed up a Windows 2008 R2 server with an E: and F: drive.  When restoring, the data from the E: drive is restored to both E: and F:.  Unable to restore the data from the F: drive.  I have also tried mounting the backup image and it also shows the E: drive data when viewing the F: drive.  Any ideas as to what is going on and if I can restore the correct data?

Comments

• Are E and F single partitions on physical drives, multiple partitions on the same drive, network drives, etc?  I'm not sure what would cause the problem, but it may help to have more background information.

• E: was a RAID 1 set on 2 physical drives and F: was a RAID 6 set on 4 physical drives.  All done with an HP Smart Array P410i RAID controller.

• edited September 2014

Hi emotal,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. I'm also not sure what your problem is. But from your description, it looks there shouldn't have such a problem. In order to analyze your problem in an efficient way, we suggest you take a screenshot of your Windows Disk Management and attach some log files here.