Home AOMEI Products Support

Folder Restore - new Timestamp

I'm using Aomei free version 4.1.0. Following a File/Folder Restore the restored folders show the actual timestamp or date rather than the original timestamp of the folder.
Is there any way to keep the original timestamps for folders? E.g. with the Pro Version?

Many thanks for your suggestions.
Peter

Comments

• I doubt it can but can't you choose another date column? There are several date types. See View->Details right click in empty space next to column headers, click more.
  • Yes, obviously the timestamp 'Date modified' of the folders contains date and  time of the restore with Aomei, while the timestamp 'Date created' is not altered. However, the restored files keep the original 'Date modified' prior to the restore. A bit surprising - isn't it?

Peter
  • edited October 2018
    In NTFS the date modified of a folder is the most recent date modified of a file in that folder.
    If you alter or add a file, the date modified of that folder becomes today's date.
    That is what happens. A folder is created and files are put into that folder during restore. Windows is then changing the date modified.
  • Thanks for your helpful explanation - I understand now: it's Windows' or NTFS' mechanism and not an error or strange behavior of Aomei.
    Peter