Home AOMEI Products Support

I have no idea what to do. After Win 8.1 I have no d: drive, Hdd shows that c: and sys reserve.

All computer with windows 8 have no d: drive listed anymore. Only partitions show c: and system reserve which both appear to be on my hdd but i don't know what to do first to get everything back, no recovery partition from what i can tell is listed. File history doesn't work, cannot find drive on my computer error.

Comments

• Impossible to understand your question.

I suggest you post a screenshot of disk management window, then explain what you think is wrong.

• To get to Windows Disk Managment, right click on My Computer and then select Manage from here select Disk Management.

• I listed my disk mgm and pc screen shots. Sorry for the confusion. problem is I have installed so many different times bought new pcs and its been a mess so my brain is literally fried. My old pc now has win8.1 i bought disk, originally win7 was on pc. After upgrade my HDD is listed in device mgr but isn't listed on My PC as local disk.  My usb flash however lists as local everytime its plugged in and my File history won't backup because no device shown as avail. Can someone give me a starting point with all this partition stuff. I had a problem when installing win 8 and microsoft tech made me remove partitions to bypass issues on my other computer, which is now unoperable. I followed the same steps on this one and this is the end result after the wind 8 cd would no longer install i created a bootable flash and all is running, except i have no hard drive D:. Also, is my System reserve and C: both suppose to be on Disk O, same disk or seperate.  Any pointers would be much appreciated, at least if i can solve this issue i can go on to my new pc and work through the mess that awaits me there too:)

• Thank you for the instruction, but I already had the disk management up that is why I am so confused, I don't know what to do to correct what I am seeing in my disk management.  I also researched in the AOEMI partition assistant but I just don't know what to do first. I ran check, but do i need to clone, move, copy, create new partition or what? Please review my screenshot and let me know where to start with the wizard. 

• I am also listing here a snapshot of my device mgr detailing the HDD and other info, and on the right is a copy of my flash drive properties, if that helps at all.

• Hi ronnieg,

Can you please post a picture of your "disk management"...you can pull this up by 

using the run command. Hold down the Windows key and press R, this will give you the run command window where you can enter the command-> diskmgmt.msc

This will give a clearer picture of your partition table, where we might get a better chance to assist you.