Home AOMEI Products Support

Need help with Windows backup

edited August 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Ok...I have to say I don't know a lot about backups, but I found that AOMEI Backupper looks nice and simple, so I want to back up my Applications ( bookmarks ect...) & My documents...I think that's probably my most important things..I also want to set it to incrementals backups so that it will only add new info....I really need help .....please tell me in simple  terms how to do this...and I will welcome any advice if i need to backup anything else...just tell me how to do it. I do have an external hard drive where i am backing this up too...Thanks so much  

Comments

• Be sure you have the latest Aomei Backupper (2.0.1).

1. Open Aomei Backupper.

2. Select the Backup Tab.

3. Click File Backup.

4. Under Step 1, click Add File or Add Folder depending on your needs.

5. Click Step 2 or the space to the right then select a backup location.

6. Click the checkbox next to Schedule Off then setup your schedule according to your needs.

7. Click Backup Options if you need to change compression settings, password protection, metadata comments for the backups, etc.

8. Click Start Backup to do the initial backup.

To the best of my knowledge, the first backup will be full.  I believe scheduled backups of this type are incremental or differential, but to be certain you should either test it or get with Aomei tech support for a definite answer.