Home AOMEI Products Support

Update clone not incremental?!

Hi, 
I made a clone of my c-drive and want to plan an update every week. When I try to do that I get a message saying that my clone will be overwritten and I may lose important info. If I understand this well it means that a new clone will be made every week, not an incremental one. Is that right?

I assume I must accept that something may go wrong and choose to make a new clone once a week, right?

Kindest regards, Leo

Comments

• edited August 2018
    A clone is usually done as a one time event used to create a new drive to be used to replace your older drive. (Like going from a HDD to a SSD or to a larger size drive.)

What you want to do is create a BACKUP of your drive which in turn can be updated weekly with an incremental or differential backup. You need to read Aomei's help files on how to set this up. The Pro version will give you more options for scheduling and retaining backups.  https://www.backup-utility.com/help/

• It has this possibility to make incremental clone, but currently Backupper does not support it. Maybe in the future.