Home AOMEI Products Support

Franco Polato

Hi,

I installed windows xp and 7 in virtualbox and then restored the first one to a usb flash drive flagging universal restore. After switching on the pc an selcting usb boot the windows logo appears and then the stat up gets abruptly interrupted by a blu screen an after a second the pc restarts

I would like to have a windows xp or 7 bootable usb flash drive compatible with all pcs.

Is there someting wrong I did or is it symply impossible to restore a system image to a usb drive?

plese let me know, I’m racking my mind to find a solution. Thanks. 
Franco

Comments

• Yes, it's impossible to restore a system image to a usb drive.
    You could try Windows To Go Creator: https://www.disk-partition.com/lib/wintogo.html
  • Thanks very much. I installed a trial version of aomei partition assistant and installed succesfully a windows starter to go on my 32 gb flash drive. 
    If I download a service pack 1 included version of windows should it work the same way, with the addiction of service pack 1?
    I also found this article:
    https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.disk-partition.com/win2go/clone-windows-to-usb-drive.amp.html
    According to which a windows environment could also be cloned to a usb drive. 
    I tried it with my flash drive bud I didn’t find any hint to that funcion inside the program. 
    Can you please confirm me that the clone function is actually avaiable?
    thanks again
  • Where does it say windows environment will be cloned?
  • In the article there is a section that explains how to clone windows to usb using partition assistant, anyway I just wanted to know if it was possible. 
    I have a new big problem, windows to go works fine in all my pcs exept one, the one I made the usb windows to go with. After selecting usb boot a windows logo appears and then the blue screen of death, see picture attached. 

The pc I try to boot windows to go has windows 7 pro 64 bit installed 
    the edition of windows installed on the usb is ultimate but still 64 bit. 

Thank you fir your help, it saves me much time serching unsucessuflly on google
    have a nice day
    Franco
  • Please try a Windows 10 ISO to see if it works.
  • Yes windows 10 works! Why didn’t windows 7?
  • Driver issue, I think.