Home AOMEI Products Support

backing up to a shared drive with backupper

edited July 2018 in AOMEI Products Support

trying to backup a laptop to a shared drive via command prompt.

This laptop does not have backupper installed so I open cmd prompt and want to launch Backupper via a networked PC which has it installed.

do I 'net use' to the Backupper PC and then run the command below?

Backup to the shared network:
AMBackup.exe /b new /t part /s E /d "\\192.168.0.100\Share\Imgfile.adi” /n "BackupToShare" /u "username" /p "password"

when I do this nothing happens.

However, if I launch the GUI via command and select disk backup and go to select the local drive to backup it will not display the local drive.

Is there a special command I am missing?

Comments

• Backupper can only backup local drives at present.
  • then why does your help doc say it can backup to a shared drive?
  • You can backup to a shared drive, but cannot backup shared drives.
  • launch Backupper via a networked PC which has it installed
    --Please launch Backupper locally.
  • We already have an existing PXE Boot server which uses our own WinPE Environment for our build.

We want to add the AOEMEI Backupper Bootable software to our Existing WinPE. When we load it up we get the GUI and choose Backup Local Disk but can't see any of the disks even after choosing the update disks option up the top right.

But we can see the disks when we run DISKPART just fine and can browse them within the WinPE Environment

What drivers to we need to load or what else do we need to load for our WinPE Environment to be able to load backupper successfully and backup local disks?

Steps taken:

1. Launch Backupper

2. Click Backup

3. Click Step1 - Select the disks you need to backup

4. No disks are shown (GPT or MBR)

5. Click the Refresh button up the top right and repeat, same thing

When we launch the Bootable WinPE that we created from Utilities > Create Bootable media > Windows PE > Create UEFI Bootable disc > USB Boot device this works fine and we can see the disks

Please let us know what drivers we need to inject or any commands we need to run to get the backup working within our existing WinPE Image