Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition Assistant not letting me migrate OS to SSD

I've spent the better part of an afternoon trying to do the simple task of transferring my data from the HDD in this Dell laptop to an SSD. I've gone up one side and down the other, trying a hundred different tools a hundred different ways, and it's really quite unbelievable that I'm still not there yet. I have done this before, numerous times, on both PCs and Macs. I have no idea why I am not able to do it this time.

I've resorted to trying to at least transfer the OS to the SSD and even that is not working. My WD 250 GB SSD is formatted MBR, mostly unallocated space. I start the wizard, click Next to continue. Here, I click on the unallocated space on the SSD, as instructed, then click Next. On the next screen, I leave the details as they default (0 unallocated space before and after, drive letter E, and I can't change the setting in "Create As"; it's showing "Primary Partition", but is greyed out so I can't change it.)

The screen says "Please click Next to learn how to boot from SSD." I click Next. Nothing. I click it a hundred times. Nothing. There is nothing else I can change. Nothing makes that go to the next step, so I cannot do this transfer. There is no error message, no warning indicator, no nothing. It just doesn't move.

Anyone have a thought as to what's happening? Why I can't do this? I've lost a day here, so a short path would really be great right around now.

(FYI, the SSD is connected via an Apricorn USB adapter). Thanks.

Comments