Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot restore windows 10 system backup with AOMEI backupper

Hi!

I do have a question.. I always use Backupper on win 8.1 and 7, works perfect :)
Now, I do have a laptop with (EUFI) and I cannot restore the system backup made with AOMEI Backupper.
I also can't use EASEUS backup by the way... In windows Backupper can make a systembackup.

When trying to restore the system backup is stops saying that it can't be done.
If I use the USB restore stick made with AOMEI, the computer restores the image file.

But... after doing it’s job.. the computer says that windows is corrupted and needs to be installed again.
Thank ... I made (the second time it happened) an extra win7 backup and that worked. However it is BIG in size, double of the AOMEI restore file!
It would be really great if someone could be of advice... The windows7 backuptool systemrestorefile uses a lot of SSD disk..

Kind regards!

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Please delete all system partitions (C: drive, EFI partition, recovery partition, etc.) on target drive and restore again(in usb stick) to see if it works.
  • Thank you so much! I will sure try this soon, however.. can I restore with windows restore (as backup restore so to speak) if something goes wrong with Backupper when deleted all system partitions? Or do I need to do a clean install when Backupper fails after deleting the system parts.. hope not of course :)
  • edited May 2018
    Always restore any system or disk backup on a clean disk. Just to be sure there are no leftovers from previous installations. With Windows Diskpart, ran from bootable media, you can Clean the internal disk first.