Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper thinks System Backup is on DVDs rather than external hard drive.

Hi, I have very much enjoyed having Backupper the past couple of months, but it just started behaving strangely.  In particular, on the Home screen, it recognizes my System Backup and File Backup, but it somehow thinks that the files, which exist on an external hard drive are on DVDs.  While I can manually tell Backupper to look at the real location in Utilitities, it will not allow me to add another incremental backup from the Home screen - the Backup button is not responsive and the Advanced button is where I have to manually tell it to look on the external drive.  Can you help?

FWIW, there have been a couple of scheduled backups at times when the hard drive is not connected to the PC, but I assume that does not matter.  In addition, I have one full backup with 5 incrementals on the drive.  I did not see a limitation on the number of incrementals.  Also, I am backing up two PCs on the same hard drive, and it has seemed to work just fine until recently.

Again, any advice you can give would be helpful.

Comments

• Hello daddyschlich,

Sorry for the inconvenience,As you described, your attempt to add incremental backup schedule to DVD storage is not supported by our program. You may create a new task and save the image to local or external HDs. 

Regards

Kam 

AOMEI support team