Home AOMEI Products Support

PC Will no longer boot

So I got a brand new Samsung EVO 840 SSD Hard Drive, and using Aomei, I tried to migrate the OS from my HDD to SSD. I never got that far, however, before my pc ended up malfunctioning and refused to boot.

I first partitioned my original HDD so seperate the OS from the other files, in order for me to clone the OS to my SSD. This all went smoothly and I filled up the non-OS (Games) partition after a while. This forced me to then resize the Games partition to be bigger, and OS-partition to be smaller, in order to fit the remaining files into the Games partition. I clicked apply, and it went into the partitioning-process once again after restart, this time, however, taking several hours to finish the job.

Once it had finished I tried to boot my pc as normally, to transfer the last files remaining on my OS-partition to my Games partition. However, my pc never got past the Windows 8 loading screen. The screen just turned black after the loading screen, instead of directing me to the login screen, and just stayed black for the remaining time.

I have tried to make it work for the past 2, but to no avail. There seems to be a lot of people having a similar issue, but you also never seem to respond to those particular issues. I'm not looking to go and buy a whole new OS, in order to reinstall my PC, and lose all my files (Pictures, music etc) in the process, but it seems like the only way out of this. It also seems that this is a frequent occurrence with your software, and you just refuse to acknowledge the fact that it is caused by you, by not replying to people on the forums. If I am mistaken, by all means prove me wrong, cause I would love a solution for this.

Ibslihibovic

Edit: Wording and typo

Edit: I'm using windows 8 if that's any help.

Comments

• edited August 2014

Hello,

We are so sorry for the incovenience. Recent a few weeks, we are a little busy. We will answer the questions on this forum ASAP.

As for your problem, could you please try Setup Repair option by using the installation CD of your Windows copy or you can use your Windows 8 Recovery disc to do the operation. On the other hand, you can delete the ampa.exe file under C:\Windows to have a try.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• edited August 2014

I have no way to actually turn on my computer as earlier stated, so I can't delete ampa.exe. Basically what you're telling me is excactly what I said, the only option I have is to go out and buy a new Windows copy so I can do a fresh re-install. 

• Hello,

You may don't have to do so. I suppose you don't have a Windows 8 Recovery tool, if so, you may borrow one or create one on another computer. Next, boot from the tool and use command line to fixbcd firstly, you can search on google for the detailed steps. If it still cannot boot, please open the registry and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices and then you can delete all the items on the right section to have a try.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team