Home AOMEI Products Support

New Hard Drive Space issue

Hi,

I've got Backupper Server Professional installed on a 2008 server. I've got a Full System Backup from a 1TB hard drive before it failled. I've replaced the hard drive with another 1TB one (not brand new). When I try to do a system resore, it says that it is short of space by 0.13GB! How can this be? Is there a round this poblem or has anyone had the same issue? Thanks Tim

Comments

• Hello Tim,

The drive you tried to restore your system on, as you said, is the same size as the original one but not brand new. So, the size of the free space on the new drive is not 1 TB already, that's why you cannot succeed.

• Hello timunt,

We are so sorry for the currently inconvenience. Our development staff are working on fixing this problem. Currently, you have to restore the partitions in the system backup individually, after that rebuild MBR and rebuild BCD, you can search on google for the detailed steps. So to do the system restore, when it ask you "are you willing to do a system restore" answer NO and then restore the partitions.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team