Home AOMEI Products Support

My 1st Clone was a FUBU!

Yesterday tried my 1st Clone with AOMEI, love the GUUI, but problems arose when I went to chose my regular Target, which is my "F" Partition on my External HD, so I click on it, but all the partitions on that drive LIGHT up, and I'm hoping agains hope that that does not mean it is not going to clone only to the "F" Partition.....I was hesitant, but told it to proceed and shut down.   I will not be able to use this clone.....it put part of it F, then G, then created H and added some in there.
    PLEASE tell me what you have to do to just clone the whole clone to ONE Partition on my external drive.
THANKS,  michael

Comments

• I'm sorry, what does "just clone the whole clone to ONE Partition" mean?
  • Hello, I have the same issue.
  • A. We are talking about Aomei Backupper, not Partition Assistant, right?
    B. What kind of Clone did you make? Disk, System or Partition?
    C. Only a Partition Clone can have another partition as target.
    D. The other Clone options have a disk as target.
    E. If you want to "Clone" a Disk or System to a partition, use Backup instead of Clone.
  • E. If you want to "Clone" a Disk or System to a partition, use Backup instead of Clone.

I have been using EaseUS TODO Backup for the last 3 yrs. and thus I have been used to having their Program Clone to a Partition on another Disk.  So I was trying to do the same thing.
       So, I guess from what you recommend, that creating that Backup one will be creating a Clone, right?  I just want to make sure that whether it is called a Clone or a Backup - I just want to make sure that using the Emergency Windows PE CDROM that I will be able to get my system up and running again using a Backup IF I got hit my Ransome Ware again.
       Please advise.....TKS JohnnyboyGo