Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot get rescue disk to boot

I have installed Backupper Standard 4.0.6 and attempted to create a rescue disk. I first built a Windows PE version which booted into the standard Windows 10 layout but I cannot see how I use this disk to get into my Backupper images etc.

I then built a Linux disk  but that fails to boot at all. I built it as an iso and burnt it with Imgburn.

So at the moment I am without a useable rescue disc!

Thanks for any help.

Tagged:

Comments

• You have an UEFI system. The Linux CD does not boot in UEFI.

You best use the WInPE version. Use the Path option in Restore to find your images.

• Hi, OK re the Linux build but I just tried the PE again went to Restore but I didn't get anything to allow me to select my external imaging disk. Restore only takes me yse4to System Restore and Recovery says there are no images on the system. My external disks are plugged in and seen by the system.

Maybe the build is faulty?

Or would you please give me the full detail of getting to the image selection from the normal Windows 10 recovery screen?

• It says there are no images? Did you click Path to navigate manually?

• The problem is, I cannot see any Path option, like I said it is looking for Windows images, not Backupper images, and System Restore points and beyond that I cannot see any other option for me to select Backupper images from external disks.

• Please upload a screenshot.

• edited April 2018

@bertie11,

If I can jump in here, from what you are saying, it does not appear that you created an AOMEI boot disk. Your first post says when you booted from the disk, you booted into a standard Win 10 layout. If you had created an AOMEI boot disk, when you booted, you would only be seeing the AOMEI program in a pre windows environment. From that you would be able to restore your backups. Maybe you need to go back and follow the directions again from here: Creating AOMEI bootable disk

Don't worry if during the creation of the disk, it stops at 99%. Just stop the process in Task Manager and try the disk. It should work. Or you can use the ISO option. That usually works fine.

And if you did create the disk following those directions, do you think it's possible you are not really booting from the disk at all, but just booting straight into Windows? How are you selecting your boot option to boot from that disk?

• @bertie11,

You were quite concerned with your problem for 3 days straight. Now nothing for 5 days. Could you post what has happened so others might learn from this??

• @bertie11,
    Just wonder if you are not given enough time for the WIN PE CD to load fully. It takes a few minutes with nothing seeming to happen but then the AOMEI program to load up and you are asked to show the path of your backup.