Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistant Windows 8 is not booting

I just a bought a new laptop yesterday, DELL Inspiron 15 7000 Series Model 7537, with windows 8 installed, when checked the C drive it was 688 GB so i thought I should create partitions with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition, I downloaded and entered the desired settings and space for partitions and made the drives C, F, G, H. C drive having the windows installed almost 6.64 GB and the rest was free.

However, after clicking the apply button the computer was restarted and I could see the system in DOS mode and AOMEI partition working, it showed that it was creating partitions, and at the end it showed that the operation is completed and press any key to restart, i did not press any key and let the system restart itself, when the laptop restarted it showed the main dell screen with a logo followed by a blank black screen and nothing happened.

After a while a cursor was also showed but windows is not starting, I spent the whole night restarting the system again and again or tried to enter the BIOS setup, but could not do so as none of the keys F1 ~ F12 seemed to work.

I spent a lot of my hard earned money to buy a new laptop with a new windows, and this is really frustrating, any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Comments

• I am facing the same problem. Pls help me

• I have same problem.

My paid  windows won't boot. Just black screen.

Heeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

• Hello to all,

You may use your Windows 8 Recovery tool, if you don't have, you may
    borrow one or create one on another computer. Next, boot from the tool
    and use command line to fixbcd firstly, you can search on google for the
    detailed steps. If it still cannot boot, please open the registry and
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices and then you can
    delete all the items on the right section to have a try.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• humm... I could not boot. I did a repair of the boot sector using these instructions...
    http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/12/how-to-repair-the-efi-bootloader-in-windows-8/#.U-t3GWOAqu4

I can read what is on the drive OK. So despite better judge I threw the towel in and tried to reinstall Windows... That failed.

So I tried to delete a mass of video edits at the command prompt from the DVD... they claimed to be deleting but nothing was deleted.

I ran disk checks and it fixed a single cross linked file.

Tried a delete again and it failed.

I've tried every combination of BIOS settings.

Whatever has gone wrong for the people above and for me I don't have a solution. I've bought an SDD that I'll stick in tomorrow and see if I can even create a boot windows drive.

I have a feeling that if the software works are claimed we might all share an issue with motherboard BIOS.

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7

Setting up 4 1000GB drives as a RAID. As far as I can see I should have been able to mix petition types in the first place.

I'll let you know when the SSD arrives if I have more luck. As it is I have a computer using UEFI that doesn't boot or load the OS or recognise the RAID on windows install.

• Hello Yani,

I don't know what happend to your disk, could you please some more details about how you encountered this problem. On the other hand, maybe you could try universal Windows Recovery tool, then backup your valuable data, next do some repairing operation or format the disk to reinstall OS.

• Here's the clue...

If you are setting up RAID using a similar Gigabyte motherborad to the one I was using and have a config where you are using GPT you MUST from the shell where you set up the RAID make the single disk what they call "RAID Ready". If you don't do this then the Windows installer will not see any of the drives correctly, even when on boot they are clearly recognised and you are in a word screwed. ;)

I need to drop some variables with this process and in the end opted to install a fresh copy of Windows and reinstall all programs. For me moving Windows and doing a reinstall was a major issue, for one I had Windows 8 on disk and Windows 8.1 on the drive that made rebuilding the OS with the RAID drive over the existing OS a pain.

To sort it out I used one of the 4 disks as the boot drive flagged as "RAID Ready" and the other 3 disks for the RAID. (This was a temporay thing as I was waiting on an SSD to arrive.)

Once I proved I had it all working and the SSD arrived I used Petition tool to move the OS to the SSD (again it was set as "RAID Ready"). What happened was the boot sector didn't move from the HD to the SSD. I had to do this manually. You might want to have a look at the issue.

Once the SSD proved to work, I set up the 4 disks are a single RAID volume and formatted them.

SO...

For Gigabyte users... the main trick is to flag any no in a RAID group drives as "RAID Ready" in the shell app for RAID drives.

For tech support... I think yhou guys need to have a look at if the boot sector is moved to a new drive as part of the wizzard to create an SSD.

I hope that helps a few people and saves them from the pain I went through to find the clues. I've made sure support at Gigabyte have got this info for reference too.

Yani