Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei backup was not encrypted but now wants a password

RyoRyo
edited March 2018 in AOMEI Products Support

I'm having a strange issue with Aomei OneKey recovery.

I have 10 identical machines, all cloned from one of the 10.

Each of these machines has been recovered atleast once using the Aomei backup that is stored locally on the machine.

Randomly these machines seem to be asking for a password stating the backup is encrypted. It was not created as encrypted and it's not every machine, currently it's two of them.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Did you get the password message when trying to backup or restore?

• When attempting to restore it asks for a password, states the backup is encrypted.

• Can you copy the system image out of the Aomei Recovery Partition and restore manually to see the result?

• The machines in question were needed so I had to clone another machine to resolve the issue, I will attempt to copy the image out on the next machine that has this problem and will post the results. Shouldn't take too long to find one, I reimage 5-10 a day.

• Attempted today to copy the system backup to an external hdd then restore from that and it is still asking for a password.

• Strange problem, so you don't know the password, I assume? Maybe it was encrypted by other people?

• That's an interesting thought. I'm actually wondering if my original source image for this model laptop has something wrong. I have numerous models of laptops all with their own source image from our configuration team and this problem only seems to be happening on one model.