Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Partition Copy Changes File Dates to Current Date

I like Partition Assistant very much except for one FATAL flaw.

When I tried the Copy Partition Function, it copied files and directories OK except IT CHANGED ALL THE DIRECTORY DATES AND FILE DATES TO BE THE CURRENT DATE. NOW I DON'T KNOW WHICH OF MY OWN BACKUP FILES CAME FIRST, LIKE GENEALOGY FILES, FINANCIAL DATA FILES, ETC. THIS IS A MAJOR DISASTER.

I deleted Partition Assistant and won't recommend it. Will use another partition manager instead because it leaves dates ALONE.

Comments

• Hello hahnkathio,

We are sorry for the inconvenience this problem brought to you. We have kept your feedback and will consider fixing this bug in further updates. Thanks for your supporting.

Regards

Kam 

AOMEI Support Team

• I can only underline the observation of hahncatio: If you restore saved files, their original time stamp gets lost and will be set to the current date and time.

I can´t imagine that nobody has observed this bug so far because it is so easily to reproduce  :-o

And you certainly agree that a backup programm which falsifies the original time stamp is useless. image

Give
    it a try by yourself: Take any directory with files and maybe
    subdirectories and back up them. If you restore them, all time stamps
    are equalized. :-(

The upper example show the result with V2.0.1:

After having deinstalled V2.0.1 and installed the latest version 2.0.2 the misbehaviour appears again:

• In AOMEI Backupper 2.0.3, the problem of file date has been fixed. It preserves file timestamps and date when restoring files.