Main Threads:USB Recovery Disk
  • Thanks again. The issue is that I want to use Backupper as a backup strategy for a ultrabook without ethernet. As such I really need to get something working with a WiFi card.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work with the network card if I can get it to include/load the driver. The WiFi card is recognized by the device manager but there is no associated driver.

As for Backupper PE, with or without the driver the USB that it generates does not boot. It doesn't work as a Windows PE with either legacy or UEFI strategy. I have tried both using Backupper PE to generate the USB (doesn't boot) and burning just an image and using UltraISO to generate the USB (again doesn't boot). In this case UltraISO actually complains and says that the "boot sector" is missing and that the USB will not boot.

It sounds like there is a problem with the USB image generated by Backupper PE. Is there an older version of Backupper (or a newer beta) that I can try?

• Is there a discreption of how to add drivers to the PE Builder 2.0 somewhere? I don't mind beating my head against a wall for a while but I'd like to see that someone at AOMEI has actually been able to add drivers via the menus in PE Builder.

Like I mentioned, do I need the sys files? inf? cfg? cat? or all of the above? 

Can you highlight the directory that the files need to be added? I'm guessing if the files are added before the image is built they will appear as well.

• BTW: There are adapters on the market for Ethernet on USB. But maybe it still needs a special driver. I don't know.

• Thanks, I do have a USB/Ethernet adapter and that does seem to work on one laptop but it is not recognized by a second one (strange?). 

Using that adapter is another option but I still have to be able to add a driver to the PE and hence my question about how to exactly add the driver files as the option doesn’t seem to work or at least I may be doing something incorrect. 

• Besides a driver there needs to be an GUI option to select wifi network and type in the password etc. In short, the whole charade. I don't think Aomei or the driver has that option aboard. Has it?

• Choose and add the .inf file, it is usually located in this path: "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository".

If you cannot find the corresponding .inf file in your computer, you can download from the Internet.

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!