Home AOMEI Products Support

Bootable WinPE USB Problem

I have an Acer S3-391 with the latest Win 8.1 Update. It is uefi/gpt and has secure boot disabled. Installed Aomei Standard Backupper 2.0.1 to try. First task was to create bootable winpe usb flash drive as I do not have a cd/dvd drive. Made ampe.iso. Used diskpart to prepare usb key and 7zip to extract the iso. Installed files on usb key. The USB is not recognized and does not boot. I know just enough to be dangerous, so I added bootmgr from a lazesoft iso that does boot my computer. Still does not boot in uefi mode. However, when I switched to legacy mode, I was able to boot from the modified AOMEI usb key. I tried backing up and restoring a single file and was successful.

Why does the unmodified AOMEI WinPe usb key fail. What can I do to fix it? I don't particulary want to change to legacy mode for backups, and I'm not even sure that backing up my system in legacy mode will really work. As I said, I know just enough to be dangerous, and am concerned that I don't really have a workable solution. 

Help!

Comments

• Hello,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. Does your steps of creating the ampe.iso like the same steps as in this tutorial: http://www.backup-utility.com/features/create-bootable-disc.html Basically, for ueif based operating system, you will have the option to create a UEFI based AOMEI Boot media.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team