Home AOMEI Products Support

ambackup.exe not compatible in WinPE environment

I am evaluating the AMBackupper Professional 4.0.6 with the 30 day trial on a Windows 10 x64 v10.0.14393 host. I created a bootable USB and rebooted the system which then loaded into the WinPE environment. Here, I opened a command prompt under Utilities. I found that AMBackup.exe is not present under X:\. So, I changed location to "C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper". When I run AMBackup.exe here, I get the following message:

This version of C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper\AMBackup.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher. 

1. Does this mean that AMBackup cannot be run in command line under WinPE? I noticed in one of the older threads that this was not possible. Is this the case even in v4.0.6 today?

2. My requirement is to execute AMBackup commands from command prompt under WinPE. Is this possible at all or are there any other alternative ways? Please suggest.

Tagged:

Comments

• It is not possible to execute AMBackup commands from command prompt under WinPE

• So, are there any other alternatives for this in AOMEI Backupper? For example, in Acronis TrueImage, they have the utility acrocmd.exe which can be run in the WinPE environment. 

I am trying to automate restore operation and was looking at commands to do it. So, I thought AMBackup.exe could help.

If this is not possible, would you take it as a suggestion in future products?

• We will consider it, thanks for your suggestion.

• Hi Just checking if this is is still the case that backupper command prompt is not compatible in WinPE?
  • @Tjk031, The backupper command prompt can't be ran under WinPE. Could you tell us why you want to run the backup or restore command under WinPE? You can directly perfore the backup and restore on the GUI of program in WinPE.
  • Thanks for asking about our use case. We have a lot of remote locations that we deploy images (clone) with USB. I'd like to automate the process with command batch file as much as possible like selecting the image on the USB drive, selecting system destination drive, and confirming. As many steps we can automate the better for our team members loading the image with USB.
  • @Tjk031, AOMEI Backupper currently doesn't support the feature. We will submit your suggestion to our dev team.
  • Thank you!