Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper Pro create boot disk

edited December 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

I just upgraded my purchased and registered ABPRO to the latest version, and I'd like to create a new boot disk (DVD).  Running Windows 10.  (I have a boot disk from 2 years ago, which has worked perfectly.)  My question is:  I'm confused about whether I should create a legacy or a UEFI bootable disk.  (I forget which I created last time.)  I searched the AOMEI site for Windows PE disk creation, but I'm still confused.  Should I go with the UEFI bootable disk, if I want a DVD that I can boot from to restore a disk image from a disk backup (which is what I mostly want ABPO for)?  Thanks for any help.  I am not a computer guru.  :-)  That is, I have a full disk backup (all partitions), and run weekly incrementals.  If disaster strikes, I want to be able to restore entire disk (all partitions).  I have done this in the past with earlier versions of ABPRO, and have been VERY satisfied with the results.  Thank you.

Comments

• edited December 2017

If you want to restore on a PC with UEFI you need to have the bootable UEFI version of WinPE. If you want to restore something on a BIOS PC you need the legacy version.

If your PC is less than 5 years old and it came with Windows 8 or 10, then it is probably an UEFI machine. Legacy Aomei CD/DVD won't boot on UEFI and vice versa.

• Thank you.  That is what I thought, but felt it best to make sure.