Home AOMEI Products Support

Error after failed Hard Drive clone

I was attempting to clone a Windows 7 hard drive today using Aomei Partition Assistant which I have used your products successfully in the past and have been mostly satisfied with the results.  I'm cloning a 500 GB drive to a 2 TB drive.  Aomei uses a Pre-OS environment to perform this from the machine.  Upon reboot the Pre-OS starts but then tells me the operation failed. 

So I reboot again and get this:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart.
2. Choose your language settings, and the click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

Oh Crap.

Here's the thing.. I can finally get past this after attempting the boot for the third time (hit enter, get the message again, hit enter and boot to Windows 7).  I've tried multiple times but the message will always be displayed the first 2 attempts at boot.   The third time it goes into Windows 7 normally.  Weird.

Currently I've got the hard drive removed from the machine to try another cloning method because I don't want to risk not being able to boot at all.  If this works, I'm still going to need to fix the boot issue.  Any ideas?

Comments

• 1. I didn't understand whether the original or the clone disk gave the error.

2, If your copy of Win7 is a retail version, not OEM, you can download the installation dvd iso from microsoft. You can download Win7 iso from other sites too, but is harder to find.

3. Try Rebuild MBR using Aomei PA

4. Instead of cloning you can also try backup and restore with Aomei Backupper Free.

• The clone failed, so it was booting again from the original hard drive.

• Can you please remove the target drive to see the result?