Home AOMEI Products Support

4103 error

I am using Aomei backupper standard 2.0 on a 64 bit Windows 8.1 system.  Updating to Aomei 2.0.1 shortly.  I use it for weekly incremental backups of various partitions.  The OS partition is backed up using the "System" option.  The rest use "Partition" backup.  Unfortunately, the backups almost always fail part way through, showing a 4103 error (unable to write file).

Backups are to a health 1 TB external eSata drive with plenty of free space and no bad sectors.  The backups take place while I am using the computer, and I do occasionally access a partition that is in the process of being backed up.  However, backup failures occur even on partitions which are rarely use. Why am I repeatedly getting a 4103 failure?

I attempted to attach a log file to this post, and keep getting a "server IO error".  Disabling my firewall didn't fix the issue.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I suggest the Aomei software be modified to repeat a backup attempt a set number of times, or until a successful backup is made.  That way, if there is any failure, the program will simply back that partition up later. Does Microsft VSS provide a more consistent backup than the built in Aomei approach for partitions that are in use?

Comments

• Hello CowDoc,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered. Could you please send us the log files via email, send them to [email protected] so that we can get more value information and analyze the problem for you in an efficient way. 

As for your suggestion, we developed some other solutions to remind you continue the failed backup tasks in the later version. However, we will keep making effore to optimize it, you may see more and more optimizations in the future.

Best Regards,

Kim