Home AOMEI Products Support

Issues with new Partition Assistant 6.6 and Win10

edited November 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I have some problems with new Partition Assistant 6.6 under Windows 10 Pro x64 (Version 1709). Shrinking and moving systemdrive in PreOsMode or with WinPE-Bootmedia always ends in chkdsk errors. Also when I shrinking systemdrive to generate some unallocated space, the unallocated space disappears after reload drives and after next boot there are chkdsk errors on drive c:. Fortunately I have images to restore system in each case, but it seems that new PA doesnt work reliable.

In addition there is a feature I am missing since longer time, the ability to remove PA and Backupper from WinRE. It is a very good feature that I can add this tools to RE, but what when I want to remove them?

Comments

• edited November 2017

Can you boot your computer after the chkdsk errors?

Copy file "C:\Windows\Recovery\winrebackup.wim" to WindowsRecovery Environment (Windows 7: "C:\Recovery\a folder named with numbersand letters", Windows 10: "C:\Recovery\WindowsRE"), delete thefile "winre.wim" in the Recovery Environment and then rename the file"winrebackup.wim" to "winre.wim".

• Ah okay, it is nice to integrate this workflow as option "Remove from Windows RE" in future releases of PA.

Yes, in most cases I can reboot and chkdsk repairs the errors. But sometimes it goes in an "Automatic repair" loop.

• Thank you for your suggestion and feedback.