Home AOMEI Products Support

Bootable Disk

StuStu
edited June 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi. I successfully created a WIN PE boot disk to a CD. When I tested it, it took me to the GUI interface, but I had no keyboard or mouse support. I looked at Add Drivers but found none when I drilled down to Drivers/i386. It was empty. How can I get keyboard and mouse support so that I can choose a restore point? Thank you.

Comments

• Hello Stu,

Please look for your mouse and keyboard drivers on internet and then download it and extract to a proper directory, after that recreate WinPE boot disk and add the drivers, please refer to this introduction: http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/130/how-to-add-additional-drivers-to-aomei-backupper-winpe

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Just some added information. The boot disk asks only for the INF files for the respective hardware. They were all along located in C:\Windows\inf. However, successfully adding them to the boot-disk did not work. When I added the USB connector end with a PS2 adapter (which I am assuming the inf file might have actually been referring to, it worked. The USB files are hard to obtain even knowing serial and model numbers, but the PS2 connector worked.

• Hi Stu,

If you individually add the inf file which is intalled in your windows that could not work. When the program adding drivers, in fact it also needs some other necessary datas, so you have to extract a full driver to a proper directory and add them in the boot media.

Best Regards,

Kim