Home AOMEI Products Support

Question - Need for File Backup if you have System or Disk Backup??

Hi, I was wondering whether you really needed to have a File Backup if you have a System Backup or Disk Backup that includes all the files in one of those that you would have in a File Backup??

I understood that the "Restore" function for those required you to restore the whole System or the whole Disk (Partition), so that you could not restore individual files.

However, if you "Explore" a System or Disk Backup, it appears that you're able to copy individual files from the virtual partition to your "permanent" hard drive.  If so, you can "restore" selectively from a System or Disk Backup.  The benefit of File Backup is that you can backup less than a System or Disk/Partition.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Am I missing something here?

No you are right.

A file/folder backup is just a subset of a system or disk backup. It is smaller and faster if you only need to backup certain files/folders. However restoring and exploring is much easier in the system/disk backup than in the file/folder backup.

• Thanks!  Just trying to keep these options clear.  I'm not in IT, so much of the added features, and the tradeoffs among different choices, are not easy for me to understand.