Home AOMEI Products Support

Explore Image for a File Backup in Backupper

Hi, I've found AOMEI Backupper to be extremely useful.  I've primarily used the System and Disk Backups.  I love how you can temporarily mount the image as a virtual drive to explore its contents.  But when I've now just tried to do the same for a File Backup, it appears to insist on copying the selected files to my hard drive, as opposed to letting me explore the contents in Windows Explorer.  Not nearly as convenient!!  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

Comments

• The file backup image cannot be mounted as a virtual partition at present.

• Thank you for clearing that up for me.  I'm trying to make sure I understand the tradeoffs among the various options!

• How do you explore the Users file after mounting the disk image on another computer? No problem when mounting on the same computer that created the backup.  

Win 10 forces me into a complex permissions roundabout when I try and get access to the User account so I can view My Documents in that user.

• @divad. Use another explorer instead of Windows Explorer. Like Q-dir.exe (Google it)

• Thanks for the tip JohnnyboyGo, that works fine with FreeCommander XE after starting it as an administrator (right click to see this option).  I can see all the files in My Pictures and My Documents.