Home AOMEI Products Support

I think I messed up by cloning my HD.

My internal drive was giving signs of going bad and I had just got AOMEI so I cloned the internal drive to an external usb drive.  A new internal drive was installed. I tried to restore from the clone but clearly messed up big time. The entire internal drive was wiped.  

I now have the internal drive back to the original from-the-factory configuration.  I  also have the external drive which is  the  clone of the  original internal drive. 

How can I restore everything (that means not just folders and files but also a whole lot of applications) from the external drive? I'm sure that I messed in the begining and I want to be careful NOT to lose the stuff that's on the external drive?

What would happen if I just dragged and  dropped everything? Would my applcations still work? 

I feel like an fool but I'd feel like a bigger fool if I didn't asik for help.  HELP! PLEASE !!

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

Sorry to hear that. As for your problem, if you did a disk clone, you should clone the external disk back to your original hard drive, only in this way your installed application can work. If there is any problem, please give us some more detailed informations like error message. 

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team