Home AOMEI Products Support

what am I supposed to do when boot disk does not recognize the external usb drive the backup is on?

edited September 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

Is there a newer version of the boot disk that will enable me to actually use Backupper to restore a system image?? How am I supposed to use the backup if it can't be restored? At this point in time any boot disk you provide should be able to read an external usb drive either directly connected to the computer or via a hub, the same way it was created, otherwise, your program is useless.

Comments

• Hi @jegg, could you please try to download AOMEI Backupper 4.0.6 version, in create bootable disc part, please check "download Windows PE build enviroment from internet" to see if your external drive will be recognized. 

If you still encounter issue, please contact [email protected]

• The program can't connect when set to automatically check for updates, so I had to download manually, but it worked this time, even though discmake stalled at 99%, the disc was fine, booted from it and was able to see all my external drives and choose the backup image, so I have to assume an actual restore will work as well.