Home AOMEI Products Support

Disk to large to combine partitions?

I'm trying to combine two partitions on a 3TB drive and I told the Wizard can not do this. I am supposed to use the main console but I can't find where that is. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing? I was able to perform this functions on another system with smaller SSDs but not on the one with large HDDs.

Thanks for any help.

Al

Comments

• Hello Al,

Thank you for posting your questions here. As for your problem, could you please tell me what is the error message when you are trying to combine the two partitions? Here is some conditions for merging partitions, you may take a look:

Firstly, if you want to merge two partitions, they must be on the same disk.

Secondly, you can merge an unallocated space to any partition on this disk (except System Reserved partition), but for two partitions (partition is different from unallocated space), they must be continuous partitions.

Thirdly, the main body partition (which the second partition will be merged into) must have at least 1GB free space. So you should make 1GB space free on the main body partition.

Fourthly, our software does not support merging System reserved partition because  this partition contains files that are used to boot system. If you want to merge system reserved partition to system partition you need to do series of configuration.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Thanks for your reply. Since I posted this problem I was able to format the drive in question on another system. All is well now. I'm trying to remember exactly what I saw for errors as I've tried so many different thinks I am on info overload at this point. I don't recall seeing any "error" reports so I think it might have been a matter of that older system's inablilty to handle a drive over 2 TB. Either that or the AOMEI package because I was able to use it on a laptop sucessfully with much smaller drives.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Al

• One more thing. If I want to align partitions do I need to upgrade from this free version?

Thanks

• edited June 2014

Thank you for your support. As for your question, no, the free version is enough, it can align partition for PCs.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Thanks for great software.

Al.