Home AOMEI Products Support

Crash during setup

edited September 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

Aoemi installation caused my machine to crash. 

I have Windows 10 1703 on a Biostar TB85 with 4gb mem.

I want to have it loaded. I have tried to uninstall as it did not completely finish. I have uninstalled Aomei from "Apps" but I am still getting "Aoemi PA has been installed , do you want to uninstall it?" click Yes and nothing occurs. 

What can I do next?

Comments

• The more I try the worse it gets! ;)

imagePA.png

• edited September 2017

Support may be able to tell you which remaining files you need to delete manually or you can try the free PRO version trial of Revo Uninstaller REVO and use the forced uninstall function on the AOMEI directory. Read the Revo instructions on how to do it. Once removed you can try to reinstall. Revo is one of the programs I personally think is a "must have" utility for situations just like this. In most cases the free version is good enough but with a partially removed program the "forced uninstall" function which is in the paid version is usually needed.

• edited September 2017

To solve this problem, you can directly delete the installation directory of AOMEI xxx and then delete its registry information.

Steps:

1. Find and delete the installation directory of AOMEI xxx.

2. Go to Start, enter and run “regedit”. (Note: you should run it as Administrator)

3. Locate the following path:

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AomeiPartition Assistant_is1”

OR

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Aomei Partition Assistant_is1”

and then delete this folder.

4. Finally, you can continue to install.