Home AOMEI Products Support

System Backup vs Disk Backup

Excuse my ignorance on this, I have looked through the forum for an adequate explanation on this but could not locate one.

If I do a system backup does that only backup my system and MBR or does it also get all my installed applications and personal documents, pictures, etc.

If the System Backup doesn't get all my installed applications and personal documents, pictures, etc. then if I do a Disk Backup does that copy the operating system, MBR, my installed applications and personal documents, pictures, etc.?

Or do I have to have two backups? System Backup for the system and then a Disk Backup for all my installed applications and personal documents, pictures, etc.

Again excuse my ignorance, maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet? Thanks for any clarity.

Regards,

Chris Creighton

Comments

• Hi Chris,

Welcome for posting your questions here. It's our fault, we should provide more information and convenient way for you to locate the information.

As for your query, if you do a system backup, it not only backup your system (including MBR, but it is not be backed up individually), but also get all your installed applications and personal documents, pictures, etc.

Best Regards,

Kim

• I have also tried to find the best solution for a save backup and recovery, reading all provided infos and user opinions.

Kim, you have not made any commend about the 'disk backup'. Is the only difference to include possible partitions to get the entire physical drive? 

It maby helpful AOMEI to set the offered backup options site by site and / or better explain what option to use to achive what result.

Regards Dieter Burmann