Home AOMEI Products Support

Confused

Hi
I'm fairly new to back ups and I'm a little confused. I did an initial full system back up of disc about 2 weeks ago and the back up file was 422gb. I did an initial incremental back up yesterday and the new file was 130gb. This adds up to a total of 552gb. I would guess that there could be additional files of maybe 5-10gb since the original back up so I'm totally confused as to why it amounts to 130gb. No doubt there is a perfectly simple explanation but it has me totally confused as to why it has taken up so much further space.  I was under the impression that only new files were added through incremental back ups. 

Comments

• Well I'm guessing that I have asked a dumb "newbie" question here, but I would really appreciate it if anyone could kindly explain.

• edited June 2014

Hello,

Thank you for posting your questions here. As for your problem, I am interested in how much data you have in your C drive. As for the file size of incremental backup, the additional data including cache data of your webbrowser and programs, so if you have a lot of cache files that may lead a large incremental backup file.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team