Hi there, thanks for your suggestions!
Hi there, you mentioned can you explain more about "Encrypting image with AOMEI Centralized Backup Management" , What operations to images would you like to be secured by password?
i mean have option to password protect image like in aomei backupper
I hope the new Centralized Backup Management can have below function and impovement from the existing backup problem.
1. Multi Storage, console, agent concept.
Multi Storage---The backup destination can not store all backup data, can define different backup device to do.
console---Can handle and management backup in different operation PC.
agent---Different server/PC, different agent
2. Backup destination can define FTP.
3. Web based console.
4. Different user can have different account/ right.(Administrators, operation)
5. Reporting and email notifcation-monthly report with different computers or whole group.
6. Different backupset in one account.
7. Define Retention day in one backup set---can set keep 14days AND 12 MONTH
8. email server support non auth local smtp server and support both IP & domain/hostname.-----improve of existing backup version
9. Statable NAS and smb backup destination.-----improve of existing backup version
10. Can edit the backupset before first time backup.-----improve of existing backup version
11. Import / Export the backup setting in different level. eg. whole backup program/ one agent PC setting
12. The concept of Group. eg. retention day group, backup destination group, time group, etc
13. Backup with image but can also restore in file based and have dedeep function.
14. Backup vhd but can also restore with file based.
Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Can you give us more information about "Possible active directory intergration"
Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Can you give us more information about "centralized silent distribustion/push and option"
Hey there. Thank for your feedbacks!
arent there any questions about my suggested features? Or did i directly qualify for the 3 year Premium Subscription of this new Product
My proposal, the requirement for AOMEI Centralized backup management
In AOMEI Centralized backup management can be implemented the following principles and methods:
- Depending on tasks, the importance of stored information and the frequency of its use, it is necessary to use advantages of all types of backup data: backup (cloning (point-in-time),creation of snapshots (snapshot), copy, create a full copy (one copy), incremental backup and differential backup).
- In some cases, to minimize the amount of storage backup system can save only the data and not copy operating system images.
- To plan the automatic deletion of old (not current) archives and the creation of new in accordance with the policy of archiving data.
- The Management server should automatically in accordance with the schedule and the selected plan to give the command for the backup.
- Monitor detected errors and failures when backing up information, check the backup for integrity and efficiency and to calculate the checksum for each file to check the integrityof stored data.
- To use the maximum automation of the management server backup, as excluding the human factor from intentional and unintentional destruction of information.
- Provide maximum protection for backup and archives from damage, modification and unauthorised access from external interference, including storage of archives in repositories isolatedfrom the network to minimize the impact of external factors (hackers, malicious programs).
To protect important information in the copies necessary to use encryption 256-AES.
- Implement a full function of remote destruction of data to minimize the risk of loss or theft of critical data due to unforeseen events.
- Should be possible to create extra copies of important data.
- Use the security module from the encoders on the basis of machine learning and heuristics.
- Use deduplication and compression of stored data
when you back up.
- To control the growth of stored data and prevent critical capacity storage.
@MENINBLK Hi there, thanks for all the suggestions!You mentioned "Push application updates to workstations after backup is complete" and what applications did you refer to?"Report on workstation health" and can you give us more details about thisThank you
Thanks for the response !!!
Have the Central Management Software compare the application version of Backupper Pro/Server on the local workstation/server with the latest release available on the AOMEI website.
If the website has a NEWER version available, automatically update the workstation to the latest version of BACKUPPER !!!
Workstation Health can be measured in TIME AWAKE, RAM AVAILABLE, CPU % USED or a SMART snapshot.
If something is more than idle it could affect backup performance, especially if a Hard Drive has less than X% free space or has more than 15% fragmentation, etc... Having some sort of indication of the status of the workstation can be helpful in determining its health / performance and possibile maintenance issues that need attention.
The ACBM should be able to backup the system state, the APPLication, and the Database (ORACLE, SQL) to external media. In addition, the ACBM should have a simple GUI with fewer buttons to RESTORE data or APPs.
Add more language and another GUI
Scheduler should allow us to plan a backup less than once per month, i.e.: once a quarter of the year or once every six months. In my opinion, a copy of the operating system (without user files) does not have to be done so often.
make sure the boot disk works with all external usb drives connected to the computer either directly or via a hub
@fonkoufobar , thanks for your feedback
@Kiantat hi there, thanks for your suggestion
@TigerEmperor, hi there, thanks for your feedback.
Please explian more about "agent---Different server/PC, different agent" in requirement No. 1
"Different backupset in one account." in requirement No.6
"email server support non auth local smtp server and support both IP & domain/hostname.-----improve of existing backup version" in requirement No.8
"Statable NAS and smb backup destination.-----improve of existing backup version" in requirement No. 9
"Import / Export the backup setting in different level. eg. whole backup program/ one agent PC setting" in requirement No. 11
"also restore in file based and have dedeep function" in requirement No. 13
"Backup vhd but can also restore with file based." in requirement No. 14
@kiadmin, HaHa, your suggestions are clear, we don't have any questions
1. Backup to cloud providers and include: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage.html (super cheap)
2. SQL Backup option
@kubik67 Hi there, thanks for your suggestion.
Could you please give us more details about
"The Management server should automatically in accordance with the schedule and the selected plan to give the command for the backup."
"Implement a full function of remote destruction of data to minimize the risk of loss or theft of critical data due to unforeseen events."
"Use the security module from the encoders on the basis of machine learning and heuristics." you mentioned in your feedback?
You are asked to give us more information to the paragraphs of post # 39
1. "The Management server should automatically in accordance with the schedule and the selected plan to give the command for the backup."
2. "Implement a full function of remote destruction of data to minimize the risk of loss or theft of critical data due to unforeseen events."
3. "Use the security module from the encoders on the basis of machine learning and heuristics." you mentioned in your feedback?
1. In the administration console, you must have a wizard to create a schedule for automatic backup in accordance with the developed plan which provided for semi-annual, monthly, daily and real-time backup, but in the same time removing outdated backups.
2. In determining leakage of a large amount of important information data from the storage locations to delete the "fast" method – i.e., without overwriting the new data through the management server.
Accordingly, this information would then be easy to restore.
3. To protect files from virus attacks, cryptographers without the assistance of antivirus software, using artificial intelligence technologies to detect malicious activity and automatically vosstanavlivaet user data in case of virus attack of Trojan horse. Use technology based on machine learning algorithms that recognize unusual patterns of behavior programs in the system when the file access. Behaviors programs to create with the help of artificial intelligence technology, which analyzes the data of hundreds of thousands of malicious and legitimate processes to determine their purity.
In suspicious activity, the security module verifies the process with the use of both heuristics, models of the expected and unexpected behavior of applications. If the process is identified as potentially malicious, the security module warns the user of suspicious activity. And if some files were encoded or damaged during the attack of ransomware, the program automatically restores them from backups.
another cool feature would be to identify and grab the special windows system drivers (NIC etc.) from a target system and store them in the centralized system. Also there should be the possiblity to add own drivers like RAID if not automatically detected. Also there should be an option to recheck any driver changes on the target system periodically.
These drivers sets are linked automaticaly to the host and also could be linked to a host group.
Now there would be the possibility to create needed boot medias from within the centralized servers even if the system itself is dead or damaged. It would be also great to write the wanted bootable recovery system remotely onto the target system (USB/DVD) from within the centralized console.
So it would be possible to have the target system alltime ready to boot from the recovery system and grab the latest backup from within the lan or media like for example rdx tapes simply by changing the boot order. This
Another further possibility would be to combine that with a technique like PXE Boot within the same lan subnet or to make the boot media only including a set great of nics drivers, then reload any other drivers remotely from the centralized server including the image location and then boot the recovery enviroment and automatically do the wanted restore
Best regards ..
Hi there, can you give us more information about "the boot disk"?
Thanks for all your suggestions!
Thank you for your suggestion
Hey, thanks for your idea!
@admin my suggestions (page 1 of this thread) are now in your feature list. Points 1 and 9. but i am not on the list of the winners thats not fair i am really sad now
no chance for a 2 year licence ????
Hi there, Don't be sad! You still have a really high chance to win 2 year license!
That list was just the first batch of winners! As the software is still under development, we're adding more and more features to it and your suggestions might be in a future version. And you would still win it!
The Office I am managing has now grown from 12 workstations to 14 workstations and one Lenovo notebook.
Soon we will be adding a Panasonic Toughpad FZ-Q2G150AVM.
The Toughpad will be running Windows 10 Pro.
The Toughpad will also have a Desktop Docking station that will connect it to the network for updates and backups.
I would like to be able to include the Lenovo notebook and Panasonic Toughpad into the mix when they are connected to the network.
Is this going to be possible ?
The Panasonic Toughpad is a 12.5" handheld running Windows 10 PRO
on an Intel Core M5-6Y57 vPro CPU with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD.
@admin: after the announcement of the Beta today i really looking forward to the official releasedate.
But my idea with the remote restore is still missing in your feature list. In my eyes this is an important feature. we need a simple solution to start a restore of a machine (after harddiskfailure oder pc-crash or a ransomwareattack). the simplest solution could be a prepared usb-bootstick (prepared on the centralmanagement-pc) where i can choose which image should be restored on the machine if i start with this stick.
doesn´t this look like a cool feature?