Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup Volume Encrypted

edited August 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

I am using Veracrypt to protect my data. Drive D is all my Files which when encrypted it creates a Drive E for the unencrypted files and Drive D is the encrypted Disk. To keep the file paths correct I hide Drive D and removed the Drive Letter and then rename the Drive E as D Everything works fine. All the file paths are correct. However I cannot back up this partition. In fact AOMEI does not find the partition. It shows the partition that is hidden which it sees as a raw partition but I cannot find the unencrypted data. Windows 10 file systems can see all the drives correct but not AOMEI. How do I back up the D Drive.

I thought maybe trying a file backup but not sure that works. There are 60,000+ files if I try to do a file backup and select the D Drive it would take forever and not sure it will give me a single backup file.

Any ideas please on how to get a b#0ackup of the D Drive

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2017

Can you upload a screenshot of Backupper where it sees the partition as raw? Besides, can you show us the picture of Disk Management?

• Cannot attach files as it wants Flash upated. Here is a link to Google https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4s8ujr3uk-qZnFvcm9ZNG03VE0

As you can see AOMEI does not show the D partition but the partition that is there marked with a * cannot be backed up as a partition. I am guessing that maybe this is the encrypted partition but then where is the Unencrypted partition its not apparent. Should be the same size. If you look at the windows Disk management it quite clearly shows the D Drive and using file manager it is easily accessible. Any thoughts.

I tried backing up as a file selecting the D Drive at the top folder. That works but it took all night which would tend to put me off backing it up which is not good 

• From the picture, I don't see any D partition? You mean the RAW partition before E? If Windows Disk Management sees it as RAW, AOMEI Backupper can't recognize it either.