Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

[backupper][suggestion] add utility to split a backup file

Hi,

I am a happy user of backupper. I found this software useful for backup tasks and is very robust in my journey.

I am glad that AOMEI create this high quailty tool and allow us to use it for free.

The suggestion I would like to raise is based on my recent situation.

I am a system developer. 

In R&D stage, I take backup image  before any change I made for the PC. I use a portable HDD to store the image. I have no problem with that.

After the development work finishes, I take an image for the entire system in a single .adi file. 

When I want to create a set of "rescue disks" for the system which I want to deliver to my client, I found out that I cannot simply split the single adi file.

I know backupper offers an option of spliting before backup, but offering a utility to split an adi file would add more flexibility to user.

For user do not think very clear enough before backup like me, this utility definitely helps because

you do not need to touch the backup target again in order to have a set of splited .adi file, which may be a timely task.
Especially if your backup target is a production unit. The content of this 2 backup will not be exactly the same too.

Utility of creating bootable media with the backup(.adi) is also a good idea.

Best Regards,

Mark

Comments

• Hello Mark,

Thank you so much for your compliments and suggestions. I will report it to our development staff for their reference to improving this program.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team