Home AOMEI Products Support

Create Partition led to Windows 7 Start Re-Boot Infinite Loop

As the title says. I wanted to make a new partition on my C drive so clicked create partition, applied changes. Said to reboot. Computer rebooted and the partition program created the two partitions as I requested. Howeer, next reboot led to an infinite reboot. I am assuming I missed some cruicial step which led to this all mighty crock up.

On closer inspection I checked \windows\System32\config\RegBack and SYSTEM file was 0 bytes which as I understand it not good and makes things difficult to restore. Ran windows system recovery which also did not help. I can see all of my other files still appear to be there.

I will take the drive out and try recovering the original partition but I am not confident.

Would appreciate any suggestions. I am not keen on reinstalling everything. 

Comments

• Hello,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered this time. Are you able to go to the directory "C:/Windows" and then locate a file called "ampa.exe" and delete it. After that your computer will come back to normal.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hi Kim, 

I deleted the ampa.exe file but computer is still re-booting ad infinitum.

I did also try restoring the original partition but the deep scan froze at 3%. 

I look forward to trying any other suggestions. 

thanks

Don

• edited May 2014

I was able to disable the auto-reboot function & got this error 

"stop:c000021a {fatal system error} The verification of a knownDLL failed" 

I've read "...the most common culprits are third-party applications... the new software should be removed or disabled."

I've tried all the obvious windows repair options so would appreciate another suggestion. 

• Ok tried everything under the sun to fix this problem but ended up reformating an reinstalling all of my original software. Moral of the story is to make sure you make an image backup before creating new partitions. I thought it may have also helped if I reduced the original partition size first then made a partition with the un-used space.     

• Oh and thanks for everyones' help... not

• Hi liteonled,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I am sorry to hear that you have to reinstall your software. I'd like to clearly know what the reboot status looks like, is it keep rebooting into windows or our software? If it keeps rebooting into our software, usually delete the ampa.exe file should stop the endless reboot. If that couldn't help, you could delete the registry: Go toStart, enter and run regedit. (Note: you should run it as Administrator). Next, locate the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute and then delete ampa.exe in the right section.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• edited May 2014

sorry tripple post

• Thanks for your reply and suggestion. 

It was rebooting into windows. I think the partition software some how led to corruption of the system DLL files and was freezing at classpnp.sys then rebooting. Also see "stop:c000021a {fatal system error} The verification of a knownDLL failed" 

• edited May 2014