Home AOMEI Products Support

Integretycheck on incremental takes very very long time

edited February 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi, I'm new to this forum so please indulge.

I'm using backupper free installation on Windows 10 Pro 64 bitand perform a daily incremental backup. After the first full backup, the incremental backup takes one hour every time and the integretycheck takes even longer. This long duration is also applicable when no files are changed on the disk.

The disk to be backupped is  931 GB with 508 Gb of data and is build in my PC. The destination disk is 1,81 TB with 790GB of data and is connected with USB3. Compression is set to normal.

Both disks are formatted with NTFS and are primary partitions. Both disks are part of Windows 10 Pro indexing service.

Searching wih explorer for files changed after a certain date (say today) takes less then 1 second on both drives.

Why does the incremental backup take such a very long time and the integrety check takes even longer? Incremental should deminish backup-time I think.

Please advise

Comments

• Please do not set it to check the backup image after finish the backup task. Because it will take long time. Actually, you can check it manually after you finish the backup.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thanks! I'l uncheck integretycheck after backup. Still remains the fact that an incremental backup takes a very long time. With no files changed an incremental backup takes 1 hr to complete on a 400 GB of data. I don't understand why, because seaching for modified data on this disk takes less then 1 second!