Home AOMEI Products Support

aomei partition assistant error code 12

I have a windows 2008 R2 server. Went to resize the boot drive, restarted the computer and got the error code 12 with the recommendation that I hit "any key" to abort or restart. This app doesn't respond to any keyboards I use and the machine is now in a constant loop. I wish I would have never used this product as I'll now have to restore from a bare metal backup.

Comments

• Hello,

As for your problem, do you have any removable storage devices connected to the server? Maybe when the computer restarted, the BIOS did recognize the devices as the same as it in the windows befor.When the system starts, Windows Device Managerthe will load your device one by one, and then record the number of your device, when you reboot if the numberof device is not same as the record, it may cause the error code 12, so you’dbetter keep the same number of devices before your operation. Or try connecting the external disk as internal disk and only connect the source disk and thetarget disk and then retry this operation.

Or you can resize the partition in Windows Preinstall Environment, therefore you need to create AOMEI Partition Assistant bootable CD and then boot from the CD to resize the partition.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team