Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Backupper Pro 2.0 not allowing network stored images to be explored

When I try to explore my image, I get a message from Backupper that says "The partition and disk image files saved on a network cannot be explored, please copy them to a local disk, and then explore". Copy them to a local disk??? If I had a local disk big enough to hold a backup, I would be backing up to it. This is new in 2.0... 1.x all allowed images to be explored over a network. Why was this capability removed? This was a huge step backwards... :(

Comments

• I've never seen that message. There's a known issue with BU 2.0 which prevents displaying backups on a network location.

Pit

• I'm having that issue in my testing of this for our site.  I thought I could fool the system by mapping my network backup location to a drive and then attempting to explore the image.  The process completes but no mounted drive appears.  To be useful, we need to be able to explore the image over the network.  I know other backup software can do this.  Looking for the next point release to correct this and hopefully soon before we make our purchasing decision.  Otherwise I like what I see.

• Hello to all,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our development staff already know this issue and they are considering to optimize it in the later version.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Any news on this issue? This is one of two blockers for me to use the version 2.X.

Greets 

Huaba

• Hello,

Are there any news about the issue ?

Best Regards,

Tom

• Hi,

So sorry for the late, we have fixed this problem. And we will release the new version next week, please pay attention to our update. Thank you so much for supporting Backupper.